Founded in 2003
Just as American wine culture began to take shape a decade ago, Atlanta Wine School’s (AWS) humble formation helped to provide an informed path for the burgeoning wine curious. Not content to cast wine as solely an interesting libation, AWS’ charter was (and still is today) to represent wine as a symbol of good and fine living. Hence, you could say AWS’ mission is to increase your wine pleasure.
Almost a decade later, AWS will see 4,000 attendees annually for courses– either one night or multi-night, and for novice to advanced learners. From corporate entertainment to your father’s 60th birthday party, AWS will conduct approximately 80 private wine functions annually. And finally, AWS’ hosted group trips to wine country have caught national attention.
What to Expect from Us
We take great pride in:
1. Knowing how to concept, organize, and execute stimulating tasting experiences, public or private, using stellar glassware and interesting, delicious wines. NO ONE IN ATLANTA HAS MORE EXPERIENCE DOING THIS THAN AWS.
2. Utilizing only passionate, charismatic, wine presenters carrying qualified expert credentials. While having the credentials and wine experience is mandatory, the ability for a speaker to ‘carry the room’ is of most importance to us. How much someone knows about wine is secondary to how they make our guests feel. THE PATH TO BECOME AN AWS PRESENTER IS VERY ARDIOUS.
3. Targeting our presentation level to our audience, always being approachable, and making our guests laugh. IF WE LEAVE YOU LAUGHING, WE LEAVE YOU LEARNING.
4. Always providing high quality lite bites, appetizers, artisanal cheeses, and charcuterie to accompany our tastings. Wine doesn’t just belong with people, it likes being with food too!
5. Providing accurate information about the gastronomic world in which we live. No one knows everything or has all of the answers. We will tell you when we just don’t know, rather than concocting something simply to provide an answer to your question.
Our Sponsors–Perfect for Wine Tastings
Cabot Creamery: For generations, Americans have enjoyed the Vermont-produced cheddars of Cabot. In addition to providing a wide array of cheddar styles and flavors, Cabot cheddars are Certified Kosher, Halal, Lactose-Free, and utilize no animal by-products (animal rennet).
Acqua Panna Waters: The Acqua Panna source is located 3,700 feet high in the serene Apennines Mountains of Tuscany. To the taste it is light as a feather, pleasantly soft and velvety. Acqua Panna shows a perfect balance in all its components, while the sensations induced linger in the nose and mouth for an appreciable period of time. The velvety smoothness of this premium Tuscan spring water was a treasure of the Italian Renaissance. Today, its legacy continues as the premier companion to the finest food and wine in the world.
Schott-Zweisel Performance Stemware: With a 130 year history of innovation and success, including such break through developments as the first machine made stemware and the first lead-free crystal glass. With the introduction of the proprietary Tritan® Crystal technique (the result of special additives such as titanium with a unique tempering process) Zwiesel has once again revolutionized the industry. Rigorous laboratory testing proves the brilliance, dishwasher safety, and break resistance of Tritan. We invite you to discover why we call our product “The World’s Best Crystal Glass”.
American Gra-Frutti: American Gra-Frutti is a dedicated gluten free Bake House in Atlanta, and a renowned leader in creating healthy (while also decadent) daily items from skilled bakers. There are NO trans fats, preservatives, artificial flavors or artificial colors in anything that they make. Many of their delicious creations are also free of soy, dairy, and nuts. American Gra-Frutti helps AWS meet the sensitive demands of our gluten-free guests. Visit their website.
A list can be found here.